Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It was a fun weekend but I'm glad it's over.

This weekend I learned what it would be like if I had 3 kids and a dog instead of just my two kids. And do you know what conclusion I came to? I'm quite happy with just my two kids *L* Don't get me wrong, for the most part we had a blast...but it's exhausting. I ended up puppy-sitting for my sister. Her dog, Einstein, is a rambunctious puppy. It was actually fun at first, he rode around in the car with us, he came to the ice cream place with us, he resisted the strong urge to jump all over the kids and lick the skin off their face. He even slept by my feet...until a noise in the house scared him and he crawled up to lay upside down ON my pillow and snore in my ear. But it was so cute that I just laid there and giggled for the last hour before the kids woke up. You can not imagine how loud this little dog can snore! Well, apparently he decided he liked my house and was comfortable there...because he decided to "mark" my daughters bed!! And as I was cleaning up that mess ... he went in the livingroom and marked MY COUCH!! Are you serious? Didn't I just get rid of this problem? So he got put in the kennel for just over an hour, and then I felt bad and let him out. STUPID! He jumped up on the couch and did it again! Now 4 of my 6 cushions have been "Einsteined"! Ugh! What a mess. I couldn't wait for him to go home. But after another 2 hour timeout in the kennel he came up and behaved himself. Of course, I wouldn't even let him out of my sight for a millisecond! (by the way, in case you are wondering...the thing on his eye is called cherry eye (I think) and it gets taken care of next month) As I mentioned, I also had a third child this weekend. One of my daughters BFF's spent the night Saturday. The girls are so darn cute during sleepovers. Even if they were up until midnight and seriously irritable the next day. Notice that my son found a way to worm himself in there too.
I took my new little gang outside to play in the beautiful weather we finally got and I decided to take my camera and practice some action shots before Tee-ball starts. I got some really fun shots and got much better at taking action shots by the end.


I'll stop now, I just wanted to share them with you because I think they are so fun. I love the way the last one came out, I just wish I could see their faces :( These are all unedited, they will be so much better when I do a little cropping. I didn't want to leave them outside long enough to go get the long range lens *L*

One last thing..I'm still trying to get my daughters first year scrapped and I managed to find time last night to do another layout. I am so happy with this one so I wanted to share it.
All papers and elements from a beautiful kit by "designs by vicki" called Pompey. I did recolor the swirls.

The fonts are Windsong and Vademecum.

3 people left love:

Cheryl said...

LOL...what a hoot! I feel like I've been "Einsteined" by just reading this! I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh at your mishaps.

It sure looks as if your children know how to have fun! It's sweet to see children having fun like that rather than being lazy in front of electronic games.

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

awww, poor Dani. Animals can be such a challenge... kid type animals, too!

tracy said...

the never ending misadventure of dani...LOL