Wednesday, April 2, 2008

And things were going so well....

Today I woke up feeling good and things just seemed to go so well.  Even the silly things like the coffee coming out just perfect pleased me *L*  There was no fighting to get everyone out the door, they all cooperated and things were so smooth.  My results came in from my cholesterol tests and I am very happy.  My cholesterol went from 255 to 217 (still high, but I dropped almost 40 points in 2 months of dieting alone) and my triglycerides, which were a MAJOR concern had been astronomically high at 554 and are now down to ...are you ready?....164!!!  AWESOME!  That's barely considered high now and I was in the DANGEROUSLY high zone before.  I got on the scale and realized I am down another 2 lbs this week.  Which brings me down into the 170's from 195.5.  I have pretty far to go but I am happy to see results.  As the Mom of two young kids it isn't always easy to stick to a diet let me tell you.  For instance, my daughter came home with a note from school about McTeacher night being tonight.  Several of the teachers from her school were going to be working the counter at the local McDonalds and a large portion of the profits went back to the school.  Despite the fact that I wonder about the intelligence behind encouraging unhealthy eating I decided to take the kids.  We had a good time actually.   Things were going well, so I decided to try and attempt a late night trip to the mall.  I wanted to exchange a slew of old games that we never play and try to get the new Karaoke Revolution American Idol game my husband and I both wanted.  I got $70 worth of credit for games we haven't played in ages and managed to get AI and put a deposit down on Mario Kart Wii.  Hubby almost wet himself when he found out the new game would come with a steering wheel and everything.  When we were teens I had people over my house to play Mario Kart on the N64 all the time and we had a BLAST.  So we are looking forward to reliving our teen years with that one.  The kids behaved SO WELL in the store.  It takes a while to go through all those games and do the transfer.  Even the 1 year old sat in the stroller patiently.  It was so nice.  So they got a yummy ice cream treat for a reward!

Sounds like a great day right?  Well, it was.  Too bad I really mean WAS :(  My daughter mentioned being cold when we got home but I didn't think much of it (she only weighs 32 lbs at 6 years old, not much to keep her warm anyway) until my feet turned to icicles while playing my new game.  I get up and check....sure enough, no heat again!  Why couldn't this wonderful day have ended well?  I'm really going to try not to think about how pissed I am that this is the fourth time I have to call the furnace guy in since last Thursday.  The landlord is trying to wait for summer to replace the furnace but I think enough is enough.  I am going to try to think of how cute my kids looked tonight with ice cream all over their little faces after having such a fun time....for once, I want to look on the bright side.  But man...thinking of ice cream makes me think how cold it is in here!!!!   *LMAO*

2 people left love:

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

You DID have an awesome day! Glad most things worked out well. Oh the fun of new games... although I'll admit that we wanted to remind ourselves of past fun in a more authentic way, so I actually found an original Nintendo on ebay, LOL. And sadly, it wasn't exactly reminding us of our TEENS, either!

Miss Chris said...

oh, Dani I am coming to this post late, but still wanted to pop in to lend my support. If your landlord does not get it together you give me his number and I will talk some sense into him!! I can be very persuasive when I am angry for my friends!!!!! :)