Thursday, April 10, 2008

Did ya miss me?

Sorry, I neglected my blog again. But I have good reasons this time! I have been a busy little bee. Since my last post I have done quite a bit actually. More than I can write in one post and not bore you all.

I guess I should update you on how the house is handling the absence of the cat. It was hard at first, and I still have some serious guilt issues, but the relief part is setting in too. It dawned on me as I was carefully stepping out of the shower the day after dropping her off that I could once again actually have a bath mat! For some reason every time I put one down she peed on it! And then I came out and saw my remaining cat trying to get comfortable in his ugly wicker bed and realized he could finally have a comfy cushion bed since the other cat would no longer jump in it and ruin it! so I headed out to the store the next day. Target loves his new bed. He is always laying in it. It must be so nice not to have broken wicker poking him in the butt while he naps *L* You can tell he is confused though. Every now and then he lays at the door near the top of the stairs just waiting to hear Dixie Meow to come up like she used to. And today I found him looking under my bed where she used to lay as if to say "where did she go?" My daughter handled it better than I expected. She cried, and she said she would miss her. But I think even at 6 she understands that this was not easy for me and that it was not healthy for us to have her in the house.

OK, on to more cheery things! My Mom will be 50 next month and we are throwing her a party. I was (of course) given the job of making invitations. I went a slightly different route this time and I hope I am happy with the outcome. I created postcards instead of traditional folded cards. I scrapped a 4.25X6 image and uploaded it to Walmart.com with all the party info all entered on the back already. I'll let you know how it goes. But here is the image that takes up the whole front of the postcard.

The background papers are from Maman Scrap Passion's Bonne Annee kit.
I made the 50 by recoloring one of the papers and
adding some glitter by Flergs (Muted Glitters).
I used a scalloped template by Ana Mara as well.
The font is Harrington.

2 people left love:

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Glad everyone is adapting about the cat. I just remember the overwhelming sense of relief when our bad puppy was gone. It was like we got our life back. Focus on the good, you did the right thing.

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/texas/Pasadena/Little%20Caesars%20Pizza/77503/

Find your best pizza.