Thursday, May 8, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week

Did you know that this week is National Teacher Appreciation Week? Having several teachers in my family I know just how under-appreciated (not to mention underpaid) these important people are. It's not too late to send a little something into school with your child just to say thank you to their teacher. My daughter's school is having a luncheon for the teachers and staff and I volunteered to bake some dessert. As I was baking it I was thinking how I should share the recipe since I have never once taken this one someplace and not been asked for the recipe multiple times.

Does it look yummy? It is! In fact, it's so yummy that as I was cutting them and packing them up for the school....I snitched one (Shhh, don't tell the teachers...they'll never know *L*)

Anyway...here's the recipe. Oh, and did I mention they are SUPER easy too?


Cream Cheese Bars
2 8 oz pckgs cream cheese, softened
1 cp white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teasp vanilla
2 8 oz pckgs refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teasp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350
Lightly grease a 9X13 pan.
In medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and 1 cp sugar until smooth.
Stir in egg yolk and vanilla
Unwrap one package of crescent rolls, and spread in pan pinching seams together lightly.
Pour and spread cream cheese mix over the crescent rolls.
Unwrap next pckg of crescent rolls and spread on top of cream cheese pinching seams together.
Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top begins to brown.
Cool and cut into bars.

I also have a bunch of layouts I've done recently and keep forgetting to post. I'll just add a few today so you aren't stuck looking at 20 of them all at once *L*

Here is one that I just finished for the Sunshine Girls Challenge.

Background paper and bracket from Flergs Denim Blues Kit.
Black And White alpha from Seebies Freebies
Blue Alpha from Jessies scrap Shak - Baby's First Haircut kit.
Font is Pea Beth

And, thanks to one of Britt from Britt-ish Designs' NSD Challenges, I finally did a Disney layout. I'm afraid to screw them up so they sit there just asking to be scrapped *L*

Her Royal Highness and Who needs a fairy godmother kits by Britt-ish Designs.
Glitter style by Flergs.
Fonts - Pristina and Edwardian Script

Oh, and last, but certainly not least...have you seen the new Designer Color Challenge at Hummie's? I'm working on my new kit, are you? Here's the color palette. Click it to go to the Challenge thread.



2 people left love:

Cheryl said...

Where did nt post go? I hate retyping them!

That looks like a yummy recipe and oh so easy to make!

Love the artistic "muddy" layout too...great inspiration!

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Man, I keep looking at that picture and drooling. I refuse to give in.

That being said, please leave the recipe on your blog, lol. Because I will cave...