Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm glad it's over.

After months of planning the party is over. And I am SO glad! *L* My Mom was 50 this week, Shhh! Don't tell her I spilled the beans. So we had a pretty big party for her. Somehow all the preparty running around was put on me. So I'm so glad that it went well, but glad that all the stress of making sure it did is over. There were a few problems, isn't there always? I got there at 3:30 lugging a TV to display the slideshow I made, along with camera bags, 2 kids, wet umbrellas, a cake, and various other party paraphernalia, only to be told they booked another party before ours and they hadn't left yet. This right after I found out my husband never loaded all the decorations into the car after he told me he did. So he left me there, standing in the lobby, surrounded by piles of electronics to guard and two kids to chase before they disturbed other people's meals so that he can go home and get all the decorations I was there early to put up. Let me tell you...if the people came out one more time and told me 5 more minutes I was gonna scream! But finally they let us in, unfortunately some guests had already arrived but my family is awesome and everyone grabbed decorations and things were up and running in no time flat. We weren't sure if my Mom had figured it out, but judging by the fact that her hair was just back in a quick ponytail and she was dressed in baggy clothes I doubt she knew *L* The only other thing that went a little wrong was that someone at the restaurant must have either put something on top of the cake in the fridge or held the box wrong and the cake that I had gone out of my way to get from a special bakery was a little smooshed and the writing and some of the flowers were screwed up. I just have bad luck with cakes I guess, it's not the first time. But oh, well...it tasted good. REAL good! *L* And as you'll see...my son especially enjoyed it.

I'll stop yackin' now and show a few of the fun pictures from the party. I even jazzed 'em up a bit for ya. *L*

Seriously folks! You know you wish your Grandma was this cool! *L* She was being smart and making faces at the camera when I told her to smile. She never expected me to actually take the picture. Gotcha. (BTW...the frame is from Christiane Enoy's Dune kit, it's one of my all-time favorite kits and it's still there AND free)


Do you think my son enjoyed the cake? Normally I wouldn't allow this but everyone thought it was the cutest dang thing they had ever seen since every scoop he took he would say "UMMY" really loud. And yup, that will definitely get scrapped *L* (recolored double frame from JenLin's Holiday Hearth Kit)

And here is a picture that was taken of my immediate family. Both of my sisters, myself, my husband, Mom and Dad and both of my kids. It's actually a pretty good picture. In fact, it's one of the few pics of myself I don't hate. (frame from Bunny Cates)

3 people left love:

Anonymous said...

Awww Dani, these pictures are great!!!! So glad you were able to pull off the surprise!!!!!
MamaB

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

It's a fabulous picture! Hang in there, kiddo, I'm praying for you.

Cheryl said...

lol...what a fun Grandma you have! The photo made me laugh.

I am happy for you that you got a family shot...you'll treasure that...even if you don't like photos of yourself...I don't either.