Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another Challenge Down...and I was tagged :)

Sunshine Studios had another great challenge this week and of course I participated. It was all about using the number 2 in a layout. I had a lot of ideas but since I am still trying to get Lynn's first year done I decided to do this one. It is a totally different direction than I thought I would go originally but sometimes it's nice to set aside your initial reaction and try something new.

your first 2 steps
Flergs' Chocolate Berry Kit
Glitter style behind "2" Flergs Muted Glitter styles
Stitched Flower from Flergs A Mothers Love Freebie
Font HavingWrit and Euphorigenic


Check it out...Sue tagged me. Funny part is...I read that post and never realized it was me she tagged. *L*

So, you want to know 7 random things about me? OK, but I can't promise they will be interesting. *L*

1. I was only 14 years old when I started dating my husband. I have now been with him for more than half of my life already.

2. My wedding anniversary is the same day as our dating anniversary. When we were young we joked that we would get married on 8-5, the day we went on our first date, and that the new millennium was a great year to get married. 8-5 happened to actually BE a Saturday during 2000, so we stuck to the plan we jokingly set when we I was 16.
3. I knew I was pregnant with my son after only 2 weeks of trying. Talk about a LONG pregnancy! My hair was falling out when I washed it and I thought "not already!?" but sure enough...2 lines.
4. My best friend is a guy. Yup, a man. And my husband is totally OK with it. He calls him his stand-in *L* I spend more time with my best friend than with my husband since he works so much and most people have the wrong impression. When my family invites me to parties they often tell me to bring one or both husbands *L* Seriously though, he's the brother I never had. He's a great guy and he is so good to my kids (he is the Godfather for both). There is nothing romantic goin' on there people .... REALLY!
Please excuse our goofy appearance, this was at the end of a very long & very fun wedding :)

5. I have HORRIBLE luck with cakes... here are just a few of the mishaps..

My daughters 2nd birthday cake. They spelled her name wrong and decided that plopping a big ugly shamrock in the middle of it would disguise it. Notice, it's also lopsided!
This one looks awesome right? Except one little thing. The ONLY thing my daughter asked was for her name to be written in her favorite color BLUE! Over and over I had to hear, Mommy my name will be blue right? And I put on the order form in BOLD letters to make all writing blue. Does that look blue to you? What a shame too, it's a beautiful cake. But oh my goodness were there tears!!!!!
This one I cried over! I had a big first birthday BBQ for my son last year with almost 100 people. I ordered a cake decorated with primary colors. THIS is what I got! My daughter could have written it better and that is their idea of decorating!?!?!?! (I tried to jazz it up a little with candles). I went back to the store and got my money back but I still had to feed that to 100 people!
It's hard to tell in the photo but the most recent cake trauma was at my Mom's 50th. The cake was so perfect when I picked it up. I actually researched where I could get a beautiful cake that actually tasted good in the area and found a woman who does it out of her home. I was determined that this would not be another problem cake. It was beautiful....until I handed it over to the restaurant staff! They must have put something down on the box or something. The whole top left was smooshed and the flowers were mashed .... "Happy" didn't really exist anymore. I can't win. I give up. For now on...I make them.
6. I was an art major in high school and college. Somehow I lost that part of me when I became a SAHM. That's why digital scrapping has become so important to me. I got started digital scrapping because I wanted to make my own Myspace profiles (something I only managed once..it's not that easy!) and siggies for CafeMom (a place I haven't been in months now *L*)

7. I sell AVON. I even sell online. HINT HINT. Boy, that was a shameless plug wasn't it? But since I already said it...shipping is typically $3 or even free :)

Phew! I got into that didn't I? Now I have to tag people...Sorry girls...but here ya go.
Hummie
Julie &
Chris

4 people left love:

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

::sigh::

Love the layout, though! LOL

Cheryl said...

lol...what's up with the tagging? I've been tagged so many times the past week I don't know where I would start!

Oh, and love the "2" layout...did you see this challenge..it was one of the first at my site.

http://www.hummiesworld.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=18

Cheryl said...

Oh, and I read every bit of your post...lol...good to know you better...it was like a mini history of you.

Anonymous said...

thanks dani for doing the tagged. :) nice to know something about you. :)