Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Challenges and Texas Toast

Well, I am trying to get my house back together so I haven't had a whole lot of scrapping time. I did, however, manage to get a challenge done at Hummie's that grabbed my attention. She is doing a whole gradient theme at the moment and the latest technique challenge is a simple gradient mask. I would have had a hard time scrapping these pictures but the challenge inspired me to do a layout that I am very happy with. Oh, and by the way ... Hummie is Queen for the Day at DST today so stop in and say hi.

The frame is from Angel Wings N Things - Dirty Boy
The pin is from Heavenly Designs - Paper Bag
The font is Qlassic Bold


I visited Hummie's blog earlier today and she was talking about Texas Toast. Now there was post where this was brought up yesterday. I have to admit ... I thought it was very odd that Texas toast was mentioned in connection with maple syrup. In fact, I was mildly repulsed *LOL* You see, when someone mentions Texas Toast to me I think of this ...
See? I was thinking that Garlic and Maple syrup are not the best combo. From reading Hummie's post it seems that what she calls Texas Toast, I call French Toast *L*. So, Hummie, now I can answer the question posted on your blog...

How do I make my Texas Toast? I take it from the box and throw it in the oven for a few minutes. *L*

As for how I make my French Toast .... I crack a few eggs, a splash of milk, add a generous splash of vanilla extract and a couple shakes of ground cinnamon and then I quickly dip both sides of my bread in it (not too long though...I hate when it stays soggy in the middle) and then I grill it up. If I'm feeling fancy or want to give the kids an extra treat I may sprinkle it with a little confectioners sugar.

So there you go :)

2 people left love:

Jenn's finding life funny! said...

Hi

I saw your comment on Dawn's Blog and thought I would stop by.

I am not a picky eater (my body is testimony of that) but I too draw the line with Garlic Toast with Maple Syrup. YUK!

Sending smiles your way;)
Jenn

Cheryl said...

lol! You are too sweet to give me warm fuzzies.

I was laughing out loud at what you thought about Texas Toast....yes....garlic and maple syrup...yuck!

I've heard it called at french toast too....I guess it's all in what people have passed down in terms....still a place..texas...frane...go figure!

I like the idea of vanilla in it...great tip!