Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ooh, so much to say!

Wow, things have been so busy and there is so much to post but so little time. I've done quite a few layouts and haven't posted a single one ::sigh::

But first I promised someone I would tell a little story on my blog at the first chance I got. And this would be the first chance :)

I walked out my front door a few weeks ago to find a bird nest right next to my door on the light. I mean, it's so low and close to the door I can just reach right into it if I want. One day I realized that Mommy Robin was getting a little worked up when I came in and out so I decided to take a picture inside the nest and see if there were any eggs. Well, I found more than eggs...I found a few little birdies already hatched.
I decided to try and take pictures of them each day until they flew away. Here's one of my favorites..how cute is this!! Oh, and you can see just how close to the door it is in this one as well as the damage that the parents did to my door somehow.

And here's where the story gets good. I never knew just how fast baby birds grow! It was insane, one day they just hatched and it wasn't even a week later before they were gone. Sunday morning, as we headed out to yet another event I opened the door and held it so that both kids could step out. As I went to walk out behind them I suddenly saw something come at me and then it was all just a big blur of feathers flapping franticly in my face (say THAT 5 times fast!). Yup...I admit it...I screamed! You'd scream too if there was a sharp beak in the same vicinity as your eyes, I guarantee! All I could think was "Uh Oh, Mama bird finally snapped!!!" So when all the flapping died down (both mine and the birds!) I look down and there at my feet is one of the babies! It decided to fly the nest right into my face!!! And now...it's in my house. It can't fly well yet (obviously) so it try to fly-hop up stairs. So now I'm trying to beat it up the stairs to close the door while yelling "CAT!!!!" as if the bird will understand! Phew! Door closed! But now I'm in quite a situation. I'm now late for Childrens Day and my daughter is obligated to be there. She has been practicing her songs for 8 weeks and has a solo speech at the end. But I have a BIRD in my house who has now "flown" off the stairs and is hiding behind a pile of books. In the end, I hesitantly make the decision to deal with the bird when church lets out. I just hope that when I come home I can still find it!

So we get to church late but she gets to sing and do her speech. I rush her through coffee hour and get home to tackle the task of saving this bird. I don't want to touch it because it's been said that Mama won't come back for her if I do. I don't know if it's true but I won't chance it...I'm attached to these little ones now. I have a plan in mind...a pillowcase seems like my best bet to not touch it and not let it hurt itself trying to escape. When I got home here is what I found...
It had wedged itself in a pile of totes and wasn't hurt...but it couldn't move. Seriously? That's just too easy! I slowly and carefully slid the totes outside and very very carefully pulled the tote it was sitting on and the top out so that in the end baby bird was sitting nicely on top of the tote in the middle of the yard for Mama to find, scared but seemingly unharmed.
I kinda miss them now :(

Alright...down to business now. Get this, one of my favorite designers, Ellie Lash, tagged me. Can't ignore that tag can I? *LOL*

So, 7 Random or Weird facts about me.

1. I hate tomatoes but I love ketchup and salsa. How's that for random?

2. I cannot say no to my Grandmother. Whatever that woman needs all she has to do is call. I'm such a Grandma's girl! *L*

3. In real life I am actually somewhat introverted. I get very nervous in crowds where I don't know people. You can't tell that by how I can't shut up in the forums though :)

4. I'm highly allergic to penicillin ... so please keep it away *L*

5. I make a mean veggie lasagna.

6. I wish I had listened to my father and taken the $20,000 he spent on my wedding and put it toward a house instead. This is probably the only time you'll hear me say he was right *L*

7. I am distantly related to 2 famous people. Jackie Gleason and Adolphus Busch (one of the founders of Anheuser-Busch Brewing Association)

And speaking of Ellie....did you know that she made the prize for the speed scrap at ScrapMatters tonight. I'll be there...you should be too.

And in the spirit of sharing details about myself I'd like to share a layout I did and then I'll leave you alone and let you stop reading....

Everything from Flergs and mglscraps What Dreams May Come
Except the pen which is from Ronna Penner at scrapadelic.com (express yourself kit)
Font is Halcyon

2 people left love:

Anonymous said...

Dani, it was awesome to learn more about you! Thanks so much for responding to my tag. AND for attending the speed scrap! It was so good to see you there! I hope you had fun!

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Hmmm, I'm allergic to penicillin, too... just gives me a rash though, no death.

Well, yet.

Glad you had fun speedy scrapping. I ran out of mojo.