Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun times at Sunshine Studio Scraps

The Sunshine Gang had there Grand Opening this weekend and despite a few setbacks, like explosions, nope...not even kidding, it has been a blast. What was supposed to be just the first of the month has turned into a 3 day event *L*. The Challenges were extended through Tuesday evening and the Scavenger Hunt for the newest Collab with not only the Sunshine Gang but Scrap Orchard too had to be moved to Wednesday in the hopes that SO will be back up and running. I had set the money that my MIL gave me for Mother's Day aside for the store opening and I'm glad I did. I had also won a gift certificate to Polka Dot Plum's portion of the store in a challenge. I ended up with 6 kits, a paper pack, and a CU texture pack yesterday. And then it was driving me nuts that I decided not to buy What Dreams May Come and I went back and got that this morning too *L*. So anyway, here are a few of the layouts I got done thanks to these new kits and all the awesome challenges.

The first is just for fun. The resident prankster over there is Monica from mgl scraps. So they decided to let us make her an angel for the day. Here was my entry.

Paper from Strawberry Buttercreme - Polka Dot Plum
Glitter Alpha from Flergs

And this was from the Scraplift Challenge. I scraplifted Crystals Silly Boy.
Background Paper, curled ribbon, and letter a - Deacon Closet - Flergs
Frame is mine - Dani's Delusions
Flowers from petit moineaux
Stitches from Monicas portion of Walking on Sunshine
Paperstrips from Polka Dot Plum's Fern Gully except the blue strip from Ellie's Adam kit.
F and L - both from Easter Collab
M - Amy Rockwell - back in black
I -Festival by Shabby Princess
Y - doodle alpha from Julie. It is.

And here's my favorite....from the Wordart Challenge

Paper and Elements from Lliella's (Allie's) Candy Picnic Kit.
Some actions used from the Walking on Sunshine kit.
Font for "tree writing" is Journal

I LOVE that kit. And the sister kit Moonica and Friends is equally as awesome if not even more so!

3 people left love:

Cheryl said...

Glad to see you got some layouts done...looking great!

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

All those wonderful layouts! Good job, kiddo, and congrats on the spending haul! There's something so gratifying about getting to buy a bunch of new kits all at once. Really perks up the mojo!

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.