Monday, March 31, 2008

Is March over yet?

Wow, March has been chaotic! Just too much was going on this month and I can't wait for it to be over. April 1st will be like starting over, it can't be as crazy as March. Or can it? Boy, I sure hope not.

Tomorrow I take the cat I've had for almost four years and turn her in to the Humane Society. Believe me, this is a last resort. She has major issues with urinating in the house. I've taken her to vets, changed litters uncountable times, put multiple boxes throughout my house including one that "cleans itself" and I spent a small fortune on, I even went and got another cat because I was told maybe she is "lonely" since she came from a shelter with lots of other cats. Nothing works. In the past week and a half she peed IN my daughters bookbag, ruining her books and homework (it was quite embarrassing to bring her to school and explain that), I left the house and kept smelling it but couldn't figure it out ... until that is I realized that my son was wearing a hat that she had peed on and it had dried up so in my haste to leave the house I never noticed (how disgusting!!!), and then to top it all off nicely I woke up Sunday morning to find a puddle of cat pee in my $100+ leather coat. I'm done, there is nothing more I can do at this point. I tried to find a farm to take her and had no luck. I tried Animal Kind but they only take strays. So back to the shelter she goes and I can only hope that they don't put her down. I have dealt with this for so long because I was told that cats with this problem get put down. I truly hope they find another solution. It is going to break my heart to hand her over tomorrow but I need to think about how unsanitary it is for my children to live in a house with this cat.

Well, now that I have vented I'll move on. It's been a little crazy this week. My furnace is going "wonky" on me and I woke up twice with no heat and once with the whole house filled with the smell of oil *yuck*. So I haven't blogged and I haven't done much scrapping either. I only got one lonely little layout done but I'll share :) You may even recognize one of the pictures.

sleepover layout shrunk

Hummies Template #17
Papers by Ditters Doodles, Gyrlie World Kit
Font is Pea Alesa

And I am kind-of excited about a tutorial I just found tonight. I keep hearing designers talk about how they photograph textures to use in their papers and kits. But I had no clue how to take my photographs and turn them into a PSP texture. Tonight I came across this site called pspmadeez.com and there was a tutorial on making your own textures! How cool is that? It is so easy too. So if you use PSP and you want to know how to make your own textures go check it out!

0 people left love: