Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Perhaps I found that inspiration I needed :)

My baby girl is getting so big. I spent the morning making calls to plan her 6th birthday party! Seriously? SIX? And if that wasn't bad enough, last night she lost her first tooth. She was SO excited! I was so happy that it happened at home so I could get pictures *L* I even have it on video this time. She came up to me and said Mommy, I think it's REALLY loose now! Sure enough, it was sticking way up and ready to go. So I jokingly asked if she wanted me to pull it out. To my surprise she walked out of the room to get a tissue. So I put down the video camera and pulled it out. It came out so easy, even I was surprised. So out come the video camera and the D40. We went out for pizza as a mini-celebration of her getting so big. She was so excited to put the tooth under her pillow she was ready for bed 45 minutes early! So here are a few of the pictures I took. I can totally see me forgetting all about that promise I made myself to scrap the older stuff first and scrapping this today : )
Oh, and BTW...I am kinda proud of myself too! Notice the difference in her skintone between the two pictures. The first one was on auto and the second picture was taken in Program mode with the exposure and White balance readjusted by me. Admittedly it could be a bit sharper but I am still very happy that I was able to change things to make the picture come out more the way I wanted it. I mean, my daughter is Irish but lets not be ridiculous in thinking she is THAT pale *L* Then again, maybe she is and I am just in denial..either way I like the second one better *LMAO*

1 people left love:

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Y'know, I don't think it matters HOW we plan to scrap back pictures, you still have to WANT TO SCRAP. And if you're anything like me, I don't really like being told what to do, even if I'm doing the telling. So, you scrap what you feel like scrapping. And you know what? You have something cool to show for it that you didn't have before! It's a win win!

So just wait until there are so many lost teeth that the tooth fairy accidentally forgets to produce, LOL!