Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another layout and a useful PSP tip

When I first bought Paint Shop Pro (PSP) XI I would sometimes get confused about where I was supposed to install certain things. If I tried to install a new frame the site would tell me to put it in the Picture Frames folder. Makes sense, huh? Too bad Corel replaced the sensible and straightforward folder labels with a numerical system in version XI. Who knows why. ::shrugs:: At some point I came across a list of which number corresponded with the old folder names. I found it in a PSP group on CafeMom. It has become a great tool of mine so I would like to share it with you.

Former PSP Folder Name - PSP XI Folder Name

  • Brushes Corel_01
  • Bump Maps Corel_2
  • Deformation Maps Corel_3
  • Displacement Maps Corel_4
  • Environmental Maps Corel_5
  • Gradients Corel_6
  • Masks Corel_7
  • Patterns Corel_8
  • Picture Frames Corel_9
  • Picture Tubes Corel_10
  • Preset Shapes Corel_11
  • Selections Corel_12
  • Styles Lines Corel_13
  • Swatches Corel_14
  • Textures Corel_15
  • Mixer Pages Corel_16

Hopefully that helps someone out there.

I was on a roll last night and had to scrap one of my favorite pictures of my son since I found the perfect kit to do it.



This is a great western or equestrian kit by Thaliris called Equitation.
The fonts used are Blackjack and Wild West Shadow.

3 people left love:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Love this layout. I owe you thanks, I didn't download this kit, but when I saw the great wood paper I NEEDED it! LOL.

I haven't heard too many good things about Corel's handling of PSP. I stopped with PSP 8 and find I'm reluctant to upgrade. If I take the plunge, I will definitely remember where to find the new "names..." sheesh, how unintuitive can a company be?

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the most welcomed tip! I am so sorry I spent the money to upgrade but maybe this tip will take away a little of the sting. Super cute lo you shared with us :)