Thursday, January 24, 2008

Only missed one day this time *L*

I managed to make it back this time. I did miss a day but who can expect perfection when there isn't much to say. Chance are very high that not one soul has seen this blog but me anyway. Oh, well...gotta start somewhere. Hopefully someday I may even get good enough in PSP and confident enough in myself to try designing something. Now that I finally have a great camera I am also trying to work on my photography. I got a Nikon D40 for Christmas and really haven't been brave enough to do anything off of the auto settings yet. I am not usually a "manual reader" type person but I want to make sure I understand what I am doing to a certain extent before I go flipping a bunch of buttons that I don't know how to reset. So I have been reading "Digital DSLR camera's and photography for Dummies", I thought it was a good place to start. I am learning a lot but I am still finding exposure settings daunting. All the fractions and ratios make my head spin. I looked into a digital photography class at the local college but they offered what I need in the Fall and aren't doing it for Spring classes. My luck, right?

I did manage to do a page yesterday evening. I was cleaning up the house and had put a movie on for the kids. I peek in the livingroom to check on them and find them snuggled up together watching the movie on the couch. Damned if my heart didn't just melt. I love to see them getting along. They sure do their share of bickering over toys and such. I just had to snap a picture and could not resist the urge to scrap it after they went to bed.


The heart shape is actually a preset button shape with the holes filled in from "scrap-stuff-with-psp"
The other papers and elements all came from Raspberry Road's Strolling Along kit.
Fonts used are "4990810" (the stamped look) and "Bickley Script"

0 people left love: