Friday, December 5, 2008

Improvements....

Do you know what I love about scrapping and designing? The fact that I am always learning new things and improving. I hesitate to rescrap a photo I have already done before but sometimes you just have to. I did this LO back a while ago.



It's alright but nothing great. When I saw Franziska's gorgeous Grace kit I decided maybe it was time to redo this photo since it is a favorite of mine. I also did some work on the photo itself. Thanks to Lynda.com I am learning a TON about retouching my photos. I would like to show you the improvements.

First, the original photo as my mother took it.

And then the improvements I made .... the leaves actually have color again!

And with a little help from a great kit... the new and improved LO...

Full Credits

You can get this beautiful kit at SBG.


3 people left love:

Cheryl said...

I loved seeing the before and after photo! What a great change!

Miss Chris said...

Amazing what a little help to a photo can do! You have inspired me to look back at some photos and re-scrap. I love Lynda.com too. In fact I am definitely extending my membership. Best tutorials I have ever seen!

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

I'm looking forward to finding out. Since so many of mine are older lousier pictures, I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn :)